Lake Forest II – In General
The Lake Forest II Master Homeowners Association is a private planned community of 3,436 homes located in the City of Lake Forest, Orange County, California. Established in 1970, the Association is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation, formed to provide for the maintenance, preservation and architectural control of the lots and common areas, and to promote the health, safety and welfare of its residents.
All legal owners of property in Lake Forest II are Members of the Association, and they support its operations through a monthly dues assessment.
The Association operates the Sun & Sail Club, a large recreational facility located at 24752 Toledo Way, at the corner of Toledo Way and Lake Forest Drive. The Sun & Sail Club also houses the administrative offices of the Association.
The Master Association is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors, elected annually by the Members (homeowners). The Board meets on the first Wednesday of each month, at 7:00 p.m., at the Sun & Sail Club. Board meetings are open to all residents of the Association.
- Multiple swimming pools: a 25-yard diving pool, a 25-yard lap pool, an aquatic exercise pool, a wading pool (intended for children), and a spa.
- A spacious, well-equipped Fitness Center in a poolside building, with pool and lake views (open whenever the Sun & Sail Club is open), nine lighted tennis courts, three basketball half-courts, sand volleyball courts, and a “Tot Lot” playground for small children.
- Modern restrooms with changing areas, located near the pools, and warm outdoor showers.
- A 1500-square-foot Youth Center for meetings, recreational and special events; dividable into two or three separate sections.
- Picnic and barbecue areas available on a first-come, first-service basis.
- A Snack Bar in the pool area, open in late Spring through the Summer months.
- Amphitheater at lakeside, available to rent for private parties, weddings, receptions.
- A spectacular 4th of July celebration on the Club grounds every year, crowned by an aerial, musically choreographed fireworks show launched from a barge on the lake.
- A Lounge upstairs with an outside patio deck and a beautiful view of the lake and grounds, with pool tables and big-screen TV. Full bar is open on Friday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to midnight, and on Monday nights during football season. (Age 21+ only, at all times due to alcohol storage).
- Large, light and airy Banquet Room downstairs, available to rent for private parties, weddings, receptions, etc., with outside patio and beautiful lake view (can be divided into two or three smaller rooms to accommodate different group sizes).
- Saunas and locker rooms downstairs.
- An elevator to access three levels of the Clubhouse.
- Catering kitchen conveniently located near Banquet Rooms, with outside access from parking lot.
- All of the Association administrative offices, in one convenient location.