About The Association
The Lake Forest II Master Homeowners Association is a private planned community of 3,436 homes. Established in 1970, the Association is a non-profit mutual benefit corporation, formed to provide for the maintenance, preservation and architectural control of the lots and common areas, and to promote the health, safety and welfare of its residents.
All legal owners of property in Lake Forest II are Members of the Lake Forest II Master Homeowners Association, and they support its operations through a monthly assessment.
The Lake Forest II Master Homeowners Association operates the Sun & Sail Club, a large recreational facility located at 24752 Toledo Way, at the corner of Toledo Way and Lake Forest Drive. The Sun & Sail Club also houses the administrative offices of the Association.
Board of Directors
The Master Association is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors, elected annually by the Members (homeowners). The primary role of the Board of Directors is to adopt the annual budget, monitor the financial workings of the Association, and establish policy. The Board also adopts rules, oversees the operation of the Association, and responds to the community’s needs and concerns. The Board meets on the first Wednesday of each month, at 7:00 p.m., at the Sun & Sail Club. Several days prior to the meeting, the Board Agenda is posted in the Resource Center at www.lf2.org and outside the entrance to the Club; copies are also available at the Front Desk. Board meetings are open to all residents of the Association.
Any Member in good standing may run in the election for the Board of Directors. Those interested must file their Candidacy Statements in early March in order to have their names pre-printed on the ballot; the Board election takes place in June. Election information may be found at www.lf2.org and in the Association’s monthly newsletter, The Mainsheet, beginning in February.
The Association Staff work in offices at the Sun & Sail Club, in Administration, Accounting, Community Services (which includes staff support for the Master Architectural Committee (MAC) and Hearing Board, and CC&R enforcement), Maintenance, and Recreation. The top-level employee is the General Manager, followed by the four departmental managers. The Staff manages the operations of the Association, including maintenance of all common areas and private streets; financial statements and reporting; CC&Rs and rules enforcement; recreation; and the operation and maintenance of the Sun & Sail Club. The Club is open seven days a week year-round, except on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. During the months of Daylight Saving Time, Club hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. every day. During the winter months (from the beginning of November to the start of Daylight Saving Time in March), the Club closes at 8:00 p.m. on Sundays.
An award-winning monthly newsletter, The Mainsheet, is mailed to all homeowners, and contains a wealth of useful information. The Association also has a website,www.lf2.org, which contains the calendar of events, Board and Staff contact information, news and announcements, a multitude of important and helpful documents and forms, Tract Rep Program information, meeting agendas and minutes, policies, and links to important agencies and organizations in the area, including to our sponsored organizations. There is a separate Recreation website,www.lf2recreation.org, carrying details of classes, day camps, special events, tennis, excursions, etc.
The Association sponsors a number of organizations, which meet at the Sun & Sail Club and represent a variety of interests. These include the Sun & Sail Women’s Club, the Dolphins Swim Team, and Cub Scouts and Girl Scouts. To find out how to contact any of these organizations, please call the Recreation Department at 586-0860, Ext. 29, or visit the Recreation website,www.lf2recreation.org
The Recreation Department offers a variety of activities, programs, and special events, including the Holiday Open House for all of our residents in December, and the fabulous 4th of July Celebration, as well as summer swim lessons and day camps, tennis programs, excursions, and comedy nights. Independent contractors conduct classes at the Club such as Taekwondo, Water Aerobics, Yoga, personal fitness training, and other classes. Information on all events and programs is available in The Mainsheet, on the Recreation website, www.lf2recreation.org, or by calling 586-0860, Ext. 29.
The Sun and Sail Club has many amenities, which include:
- Multiple swimming pools: a 25-yard diving pool, a 25-yard lap pool, an exercise pool, a wading pool, and a spa.
- A spacious, well-equipped Fitness Center in a poolside building, with pool and lake views (open whenever the Sun & Sail Club is open), eight lighted tennis courts, one full and one half basketball court, sand volleyball courts, 4 pickleball courts, and a “Tot Lot” playground.
- Restrooms with changing areas, located near the pools, and warm outdoor showers.
- A 1500-square-foot Youth Center for camp, recreational, and special events.
- Picnic and barbecue areas available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- A Snack Bar in the pool area, open in late Spring through the Summer months.
- Amphitheater at lakeside, available to rent for private parties, weddings, receptions.
- A spectacular 4th of July celebration on the Club grounds every year, crowned by an aerial, musically choreographed fireworks show launched from a barge on the lake.
- A Lounge upstairs with an outside patio deck and a beautiful view of the lake and grounds, with pool tables and big-screen TV. Full bar is open on Friday evenings from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., and on Monday nights during football season. (Age 21+ only, at all times due to alcohol storage).
- Large, light and airy Banquet Room downstairs, available to rent for private parties, weddings, receptions, etc., with outside patio and beautiful lake view (can be divided into two or three smaller rooms to accommodate different group sizes).
- Saunas and locker rooms downstairs.
- An elevator to access three levels of the Clubhouse.
- Catering kitchen conveniently located near Banquet Rooms, with outside access from parking lot.
- All of the Association administrative offices, in one convenient location.